Ice

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

salden

Ice

Post by salden »

This was a trade off. The light was harsh in one aspect resulting in blown whites, but if I had waited, I would lose the light in the darker parts, thus the details that I liked about this. Yes, it is a macro. The ice formations were on a rock and shows what my yard looks like right now :smt112Image
Sue Alden

nephiliim

Post by nephiliim »

Hey Sue,

Indeed this is waaaaaaay different :lol: really like this composition.
With your permission, I would like to do some digital editing on it.. I have an idea that I would like to try out.

All the best

Tom B
Sometimes smaller is better eh? nodge nodge :lol

Canon EOS 450D
Sigma MACRO 70mm F2.8 EX DG
Tamron AF70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro

No external flash yet :(

salden

Post by salden »

Sure Tom. I do not mind reworks of my images in this forum.
Sue Alden

Bruce Williams

Post by Bruce Williams »

Now there's an image that plays eye and mind games with perspective. When I first saw your photo I immediately assumed I was looking at a fast running mountain stream with ice cold water tumbling and foaming over algae covered rocks (well...okay Sue, maybe that description's a bit ott ...but you know what I mean :D ).

Very nice pic and I'm intrigued to see what Tom is gonna come up with.

Bruce

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

What I think she is trying to convey here is the stark, cold, frozen, lifeless wasteland we are in right now. Unforgiving, skin drying, bitter cold that makes your heart turn to ICE and your lips chapped...we can only dream of the warmth that the sun will bring in a few months time (I better get out of the cabin). Looks beautiful Sue, very nice work on this photo. :wink:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

salden

Post by salden »

beetleman wrote:What I think she is trying to convey here is the stark, cold, frozen, lifeless wasteland we are in right now. Unforgiving, skin drying, bitter cold that makes your heart turn to ICE and your lips chapped...we can only dream of the warmth that the sun will bring in a few months time (I better get out of the cabin). Looks beautiful Sue, very nice work on this photo. :wink:
Thats it Doug. I want warm, sunny, butterflies... :lol:
Sue Alden

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic