DIC capable system

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

pwnell

DIC capable system

Post by pwnell »

Hi,

I have a new Nikon E200 system that works well for me, but as you know it does not support DIC. As this is an illumination technique I am very keen on pursuing, I am looking for a second hand microscope in pristine condition. Ideally it must not be so old that one cannot get parts for it, and I should be able to buy new objectives should I so desire. I would like the system to have DIC bundled with... I would prefer a system from Nikon, Olympus or Zeiss.

I looked on ebay but could not see anything that stood out. Does anyone know of any such system I can look at?

Perl

Leitz

Post by Perl »

Never Mind !
Last edited by Perl on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
****** Seeing is Believing ******

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Lately some Zeiss old 160mm DIC components and matched sets are more frequent on ebay, but not cheap!

take a look at:
140713707121 ended unsold

If you buy the DIC set, an adequate microscope is easy to find: Zeiss Standard or Universal/Photomicroscope because they were made in high quantities during many years mantaining high compatibility of most parts.

If you want to follow this path, some members (Arturo, Wim and myself do use old Zeiss DIC systems) may give you further advice.

Another way may be to contact polish members about PZO systems.

A complete DIC bundled microscope in pristine condition will be rare and VERY expensive.
Pau

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic