Zeiss interview

Here are links to articles for your reading pleasure. You may also submit brief reviews or discuss the contents of the articles.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Nathan Renfro

Zeiss interview

Post by Nathan Renfro »

Hi all, just wanted to share my interview with Zeiss showing some of my images.

https://blogs.zeiss.com/microscopy/en/g ... icroscopy/

Chris S.
Site Admin

Re: Zeiss interview

Post by Chris S. »

Nathan,

That was a most enjoyable and informative read. Well done! In particular, I enjoyed seeing your epi-DIC images. We don't get to view all that many of these.

I'd be interested in hearing details of how you painted your microscope's body. From the images, it looks as if you did this in a very professional manner. (And I have a similar project in mind.)

--Chris S.

bralex

Post by bralex »

I second that - beautiful photos!

ModelZ

Post by ModelZ »

Thanks Nathan for an illuminating piece with fine pics. Polarization pics are often too colourful to my taste, but when the form is clean & strong and all is done well, they are nice indeed.
Didn't know that diamonds suffer a bit on the surface of Earth!
Nice blue paint job. With my black scopes I'm happy but one of my other scopes, a brownish yellow one bothers me at times, will be worked on eventually...
-Karl

Nathan Renfro

Post by Nathan Renfro »

Chris S. wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:12 am
Nathan,

That was a most enjoyable and informative read. Well done! In particular, I enjoyed seeing your epi-DIC images. We don't get to view all that many of these.

I'd be interested in hearing details of how you painted your microscope's body. From the images, it looks as if you did this in a very professional manner. (And I have a similar project in mind.)

--Chris S.
I just took it apart down to the main body panels and used krylon spray cans. First a couple layers of primer sanded between coats, then a couple layers of rattle can paint. It’s not perfect, but I think it cost less than 15 dollars in materials with masking tape, primer and paint. So I can’t complain.

Nathan Renfro

Post by Nathan Renfro »

bralex wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:11 am
I second that - beautiful photos!
Thanks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic