Tips for Buying a Microscope - Compound, Inverted and Stereo

Here are links to articles for your reading pleasure. You may also submit brief reviews or discuss the contents of the articles.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Robert Berdan

Tips for Buying a Microscope - Compound, Inverted and Stereo

Post by Robert Berdan »

Tips for Buying a Light Microscope Compound, Inverted and Stereoscope and Why you might want to buy a Microscope?

I see and get lots of questions about buying a microscope - should I buy a used brand name scope, or should I buy a new Chinese made scope? Also what should I look for when buying a scope? How do I evaluate a used microscope?

I have just posted an article on my web site that I hope addresses most of the questions I have seen online or that I have received by email. For those wanting more detail I link to reviews and science papers about objectives etc. I also asked for input from three other microscopists one of them sells Zeiss microscopes. For those that don't like to read I have linked to many videos on how to use a microscope, oil immersion, darkfield, Rheinberg etc.

I hope this article is useful to anyone wanting to buy a microscope and even for some more experienced users.

I have included lots of photographs to show what folks might want to look at with a new scope from Cheek cells, Barr bodies, plants, crystals and microorganisms. I touch on paper folding microscopes but I plan to review them separately in the future to see how good they are for photomicrography.

I welcome any comments on how I might make the article more useful. You can view the article here:

https://www.canadiannaturephotographer. ... scope.html

Some pictures from the article are shown below.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic