DMap intermediate output - ZS

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

JW

DMap intermediate output - ZS

Post by JW »

We are all familiar with the need to set DMap Contrast threshold manually about 50% through the process. Rarely (OK, occasionally) I pick the wrong value and the final image looks like crap. Is there a way to go back to the 'set contrast threshold' slider without having to start the stacking process over again? I'm using ZS Pro. Maybe I'm missing something simple.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see - Henry David Thoreau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: DMap intermediate output - ZS

Post by rjlittlefield »

Caching of DMap intermediate results was recently added to the beta, has not yet propagated to the full release.

From https://zerenesystems.com/cms/stacker/softwaredownloads/currentbeta :
DMap speedup:
Options > Preferences > DMap Settings: “Cache DMap pass 1 info for faster work with multiple thresholds”
First, download and install the beta, noting special instructions for Windows users to get past a "protected your PC" speedbump.

Then run Zerene Stacker, go to Options > Preferences > DMap Settings, and either place a checkmark on "Cache DMap pass 1 info for faster work with multiple thresholds", or confirm that there's already a checkmark there. It's a Pro-only feature, so non-Pro licenses can use it for 30 days but have to acknowledge starting that trial.

With that box checked, the first time you run DMap with a particular set of images and all the associated settings, the results of pass 1 will be saved for potential reuse. Any subsequent DMap that specifies exactly the same set of images, in the same order, with the same radii settings, same alignment settings, same preprocessing settings, etc, will find the cached results of pass1 and will just read those into memory instead of recomputing them. The effect is that you do the Stack > Align & Stack All (DMap) the same as first time, but on the second and subsequent DMaps with all same everything, only a few seconds pass and then the threshold slider appears.

In case of any difficulties, please email support@zerenesystems.com since that may get my attention faster.

--Rik

JW

Post by JW »

Fantastic, thanks Rik!
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see - Henry David Thoreau

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

That is really good news! Thanks Rik.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic