balancing whites in the lighting

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

soldevilla

balancing whites in the lighting

Post by soldevilla »

These days I have printed in 3D a second version of my adapter for the Rogonar S 35mm, with 10 LED housings to create a flat, ring lighting.

Everything works fine, but the colors of the LEDs obviously do not look anything like the colors of my IKEA lamps.

As visually it is impossible to find the right filters, I have placed a normal lens in my camera and I have folded a white cardboard (an old box ... it is not important) and then I have illuminated one side with the LED ring and the other side with the IKEA lamp, and I have displayed it on the screen that I have connected by HDMI to the camera to help with the framing.

The difference looks great on the screen. Now I just have to place filters (anything goes, just change the color, it is not in front of the lens) in front of one of the light sources and check how the colors approach. With what I have for the drawers I have got a very close response. Possibly there are no significant differences in the result, although I have to test it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic