In-camera focus bracketing with Olympus OMD M1 part 2

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

The Tether Tools device can be powered by a large external battery (rechargeable from a USB charger) which they also sell (but any brand would probably do):
https://www.tethertools.com/product/roc ... 10000-mah/
So you never have to risk plugging it into a noisy AC supply while using it with the camera.

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

The Expro thing powers a camera directly from the battery. 16000mah and cheaper, not clear if you can use it feed-through, but with that capacity it's hardly necessary. 2 batteries works out cheaper than the other system x1 .

I wonder why the Oly batteries have 5 contacts.
Chris R

elf

Post by elf »

They don't really say what the voltage is, but do mention a 5V charger. OLYs are 7.4V. A 2S lipo battery would be needed.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

I wonder why the Oly batteries have 5 contacts.
Their chargers have five contacts but their battery grip only has three.

pierre

In-camera focus bracketing with Olympus OMD M1 part 2

Post by pierre »

DC-3 the dedicated AC power supply via using DLH-6 is mentionned 9v 3A, so 8.4v seems OK?
Regards

Pierre

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

This thread was recently referenced, so I thought I'd add an update on one loose end. Pierre above mentions the Tethertools external AC adapter for Olympus cameras like the PEN F. There was some fear that voltage fluctuations might kill the camera. I have now used this for hundreds of thousands of pictures over the course of more than a year with no issues, in a country where voltage fluctuations are much worse than most. My mean line voltage varies from 113 to 118V and there are probably spikes. But I have had no problems. I can't live without this thing now.

jojm

Post by jojm »

g4lab wrote:
You need the M1 to get the Focus Bracket feature. However the focus stack will be very useful in the field.
The M5 mark II has focus bracketing. It does not have the in camera stacking.

You have to have or update to firmware version 2.0 or later.
With the recent update of its firmware (version 4.0), the OM-D EM5 MkII has now the focus stacking, the same operation mode as with EM1 ( 8 images stacked in a ninth).

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

I don't think I would want my camera do that for me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic