Generating stereo pairs with ZS - image shift question

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Starshade

Generating stereo pairs with ZS - image shift question

Post by Starshade »

Hello,

I have image series from which I make my focus stack and I am trying to generate stereo pairs. However I encountered an issue which forces me to ask a dumb question.

How do I set up the software (ZS) to produce a stereo image where the top (closest part to the viewer) is not shifted (not immersed or extended from the screen in z-dimension)? To simplify: I want to avoid window violation (no part of the 3d image has to cross the "frame" and be "cut" by it).

My objects cannot be positioned in a way that a central element sticks out of the screen and the rest is immersed without touching the "window." So the only solution for me is to have everything behind (inside) the screen.

I used to generate blank images of the same dimension and align them at the end of the image sequence. That makes ZS to behave exactly as I want... (it treats the end of the actual sequence as the middle)... aside from the fact that sometimes it takes elements from those blank shots and creates artifacts.

Do my explanations make sense? I recognize that the question might be tricky to understand from the first time, sorry.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

There are no controls that will make Zerene Stacker do what you want. It always puts zero shift in the middle of the stack.

You could fake it out by adding multiple copies of the front frame, rather than blank frames.

However, a faster solution is to adjust the alignment in Photoshop or Stereo PhotoMaker. Just shift and crop so that the front of the subject is positioned the same in both frames.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic