Hello from lower VA

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Jmurphy18

Hello from lower VA

Post by Jmurphy18 »

Good Day folks & hello from Newport News VA. That’s the lower eastern section of Va in the historic area. I am new to Extreme macro but not to macro. I bought my 105mm Nikkor in 2008 and been taking shots since. I am a very avid Water Dropper and I have been dong this since 2014…. My water drop rig is very intense as I do so much of this and I have nicknamed it the monster.

I was surfing looking for something else to do beside just dropping and came across some Extreme pictures on PetaPixel. WOW …. I started doing some research. I started using my extension tubes and well….. Next came the Nikon Enlarger lens on tubes. Just got my 1st objective the Amsore 4x. I am discovering things are very different the higher you go in “X” with lighting and vibration

I am a retired M Engineer. I am shooting with a Z6 II vs my D850 due to 1 mirrorless feature and 2 stack size of rough 27mp vs 50 mp

Three shots for you to pursue

The Monster
_Z620343-Edit-Edit.jpg
My rig with the enlarger lens reversed. Extensions are @ 105mm total
_2JJ9186.jpg
Hard drive head from a MaXstor drive
retouched uter 5-31-103-uter 5-31-270-Edit.jpg
JohnM

grgh

Re: Hello from lower VA

Post by grgh »

Hi John

Very nice setup, looking forward to some resulting photos, a few other members practicing with the water droplet technique on site.
Welcome aboard.
used to do astronomy.
and photography.
Zeiss Universal Phase contrast.
Zeiss PMII
B&L stereo zoom.

Jmurphy18

Re: Hello from lower VA

Post by Jmurphy18 »

Thanks very much for the kind words and welcome!
JohnM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic