good day to everyone!

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Tracar

good day to everyone!

Post by Tracar »

I'm Travis. from Holden Alberta Canada.

I can see most of you can step outside at this time of year and see whats crawling around or under a rock, my rocks seem to be stuck quite firmly and will have to wait till spring -30 night time temps.....

so with that lovely bit of information aside, a bit about me.

im almost hitting 50 yrs. have 2 kids, a wonderful wife, no pets .except my DIY 3d printer, various guns, r/c vehicles and too many to mention other hobbies, so where to begin...... Ah from the start-----------

i have always had a scope as a kid, ya get one for a gift from grandma, it goes good for a few years then something breaks and parts get lost, you try to clean it , before you know it its in the garbage , months pass, years pass, then you get another one for christmas or birthday, and the fire gets re kindled..
its been a while....

Soooooooooooo I decided to look around and buy one. Boom there it was in the buy and sell. so i drove to Calgary (3.5 hours one way) to pick up the Zeiss axioskope50 Trinocular with ccd camera and printer.. the previous owner agreed on my offer of 1500cad. down from 2000

it didn't look like much from their cam photos. but it did come with a bonus Zeiss 100x / 1.4 oil Iris (.7 - 1.4) And a zeiss ultradarkfield oil condenser (1.2/1.4). and an extra AXIOSKOP DIC Nomarski 5 place Turret. ( But no sliders Sadly....)

i want to build a U\V direct current led lamp for the flouro side of things (non flickering with video), and convert to a rgb (selectable) LED for the the bottom light source.

it didnt come with flouro lighting capability's. so after hunting for the upper light port ( for uv ) , and the filter/beam splitter cube on ebay , i believe i have a decent unit for a total of 2250cad So far..... just have to look around for some objectives,

, also bought a nice LKB Bromma Rotary One Retracting Microtome from a dude who hits the local auctions,
all this is kinda new to me, Im a month into learning, and have come far

So that's me in a nut shell
Holden Alberta Canada.

JSkory

Re: good day to everyone!

Post by JSkory »

Welcome Travis.

I’m pretty new to this forum and hobby as well. I opted to go with a dissecting scope and photograph larger objects like insects. And though not as cold as your home, we have a few inches of snow blanketing the ground here in Michigan.

Always nice to meet others without share an addiction to hobbies. Keeps life interesting.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic