Greetings, new member here.

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RadiumKing

Greetings, new member here.

Post by RadiumKing »

Hello everyone!

My name is Geoff, from central Wisconsin. I found this board while battling Zerene stacker to do the dust removal thing. Between submitting my application and when I got approved I figured out what was going wrong so that’s settled haha.

I’ve been doing macro photography for about 15 years. I’m currently using a Nikon D810 with a bellows PB-4, reverse mounted Mamia/Sekor 55mm f1.4 thorium lens and a Venus optics KX-800 twin flash mounted on a StackShot rail. That 60+ year old radioactive glass is the sharpest I’ve got and is good for a field of view of about 5mm. I also use a Nikkor-bellows-P 105mm f4 lens for larger subjects. As for subjects it’s pretty much exclusively minerals. Occasionally a bug that my kids bring in the house.

When I’m not shooting tiny things really close, I’m shooting massive things very far away. I’ve recently started astrophotography again after a 15 year hiatus. Back then I was hand guiding an 8 inch reflector with a modified 0.3Mpx FireWire webcam. Now I’m using a bunch of high tech stuff that lets me see the heavens from my couch.

Attached are my latest images from both ends of the spectrum. A 7mm fov shot of rhodochrosite and arsenopyrite from Chalkadiki, Greece. The second is the Horsehead nebula in the Orion constellation, shot at 247mm (370mm crop factor) with a SpaceCat telescope and Hα modified D5500.
5D3D0BF0-87A8-40E7-9BA6-45FD5805A627.jpeg
8263A6C8-68D3-4499-84FA-88441ECC9DD3.jpeg

ChrisR
Site Admin

Re: Greetings, new member here.

Post by ChrisR »

We're slipping - "Welcome to the forum"!

You have something like a 10^21x distance ratio, there , well done :)
Chris R

Sym P. le

Re: Greetings, new member here.

Post by Sym P. le »

My apologies as well, I took for granted that others would respond.

Welcome to the site. There's lots going on.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic