Got the plague

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Olympusman

Got the plague

Post by Olympusman »

Started showing symptoms Saturday - runny nose, dry unproductive cough, slight fever. Spent Sunday evening in the ER getting tested (EKG, blood work, chest X-ray. And yes, that nasal swab hurts like a son of a #####. Sent home with a kit which included a digital thermometer and a finger tip oximeter. Positive results called in today, so we are quarantined for two weeks. No longer get episodes of the chills and taking two Tylenol every four hours has kept the fever under control. Just so you know, it is persistant dull pain and body ache.The coughing continues which causes tachycardia. No pond dipping for awhile.
I just have to ride it out.

Mike
Michael Reese Much FRMS EMS Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Got the plague

Post by rjlittlefield »

Well, that sucks. Stuff can get dangerous.

Take care!

Thanks for letting us know.

--Rik

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Take care, hope it doesn't get worse. A health care professional sent me an interesting preliminary report that an aspirin a day seems to greatly decrease the probability of serious effects:
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... -heres-why

Any idea how you got it?

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Hi Mike,
In most cases it can stop at this phase, I hope this will be yours.

Best wishes
Pau

Olympusman

Post by Olympusman »

Thanks everyone for your concern.
About two weeks ago my mother died following spinal surgery. She was 91 and in excruciating pain. My wife and I went to Harrisburg to console my father and help him through the funeral arrangements. He took us to Texas Roadhouse - a steak and ribs place. We were seated right at the dining area entrance and while we were sitting there unmasked probably a hundred or more customers came in and left and we were surrounded by unmasked diners.
I am religious about masking and hand sanitizing, but this exposure was off the charts.

Mike

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Very sorry to hear that. I am surprised that people are still reluctant to wear masks. I hope your father doesn't get it.

Olympusman

Post by Olympusman »

Update
It appears I peaked last Tuesday with a temperature of 103 F. The congestion has gone down, but still a lot of pain across my shoulders. Average daily temp is 97.4, which is my normal. Still feel very weak. Oxygen level runs about 95 to 99.. Mild cough. My wife started showing symptoms a few days ago and her test came back positive. Looks like she will ride it out as well, but she is complaining about pain across her back and shoulders and diminished appetite.

Mike

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

I am glad you seem to be past the worst of it, and I hope your wife does the same.

Olympusman

Post by Olympusman »

Good news and bad news...
Good news I get the Moderna vaccine April 6.
Bad news is it appears I have Long Covid 19, which means that the virus damaged parts of me. Fatigue, shortness of breath, diabetic itching. No brain fog. The last time I felt this way was when I got my second dose of Lyme Disease. I'm good for a few hours every day, but it goes downhill fairly rapidly.

Mike

bralex

Post by bralex »

I'm very sorry to hear that - I sincerely hope for the best!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic