Greetings from the UK

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

jmc

Greetings from the UK

Post by jmc »

Hello all,

I've been a long time lurker on here, and just got round to signing up.

I'm Jonathan, and have been using photography for work as well as enjoyment for a number of years. At home I mainly do landscape and wildlife shots, and have dabbled with macro work.

This was one I took hand held in the greenhouse using a 50mm macro lens and monochrome converted camera (it's cropped from the original, and then reduced in resolution slightly for sharing here).

For work I do a lot of research into UV imaging, using some modified cameras, and a range of UV lenses. I recently found myself wondering about UV photomacrography, so am hoping to explore that area.

I've been absolutely amazed by some of the builds on here, and hope at some point to build my own photomacrography setup. The engineering side of things really interests me, and I tend to build a lot of equipment I need for work, especially if nothing suitable is available commercially.

Adalbert

Post by Adalbert »

Hello Jonathan,

Welcome to the forum!
The engineering side of things really interests me, and I tend to build a lot of equipment I need for work, especially if nothing suitable is available commercially.
:smt023

BR, ADi

jmc

Post by jmc »

Thanks Adalbert.

To help with my journey, and relearn some basic skills, I've bought myself an Olympus BHB. It was described as 'untested', but was relatively cheap, and I thought that if I can't get it working I can always use the focus block for for a photomacrography rig.

This is the picture from the advert.

And this is it now it's on my work bench.

There's plenty to do on it, but thankfully with these older microscopes they seem to be fairly simple to work on.

Adalbert

Post by Adalbert »

I can always use the focus block for for a photomacrography rig
yes, for sure!

Alan Wood

Post by Alan Wood »

A Quekett member has modified his Olympus BHB for automated stacking:

http://www.quekett.org/resources/articl ... hotography

To find out more about your microscope, there are free PDFs of the brochure and the instruction manual here:

http://www.alanwood.net/olympus/downloads.html#bh

I have not found a repair manual yet.

Alan Wood

jmc

Post by jmc »

Thanks Alan, yes your resources were the first things I came across when looking for information on the BHB and have been very useful.

That page on stacking with the BHB looks really good.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic