Hi from the UK (Kent).

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

testudo man

Hi from the UK (Kent).

Post by testudo man »

Just stumbled onto this forum the other day, an have posted up my 1st thread/post...which consists of some of my Bee images :roll:

Im mid 50's (yes, that would make me an old git!). Been shooting close up/macro for a decade now...so ive had a little practice :roll:

My chosen subjects are wild Butterflies/Bugs/Spiders/Reptiles/Dragonflies etc. I use a number of camera setups, but for close up/macro, i do rely on my "good ole" Panasonic FZ50, coupled to a Raynox 250.
I also use Panasonic Bridge cameras FZ150/FZ300, with both Raynox 250/150, an close up filters too...but those are generally for my Butterfly images. I also use a Nikon V1/FT1 with various lenses.
An in the past, Ive used Nikon DX/FF cameras as well. I recently tried MFT's, starting with a Panasonic G7, but ive just got the G80/G85...an ive been looking at the G9.................but that will be for next season/2020 now! because here in the UK, our season of Bugs/Creatures is almost at the end...certainly for most of our Butterfly species.

Well thats me, cheers Paul.

grgh

Post by grgh »

Welcome Paul

With that kind of experience you should find much to gain and maybe we can look forward to seeing some of your fruits.

Still the odd butterfly up around Lancashire, bugs as well.

all the best.
used to do astronomy.
and photography.
Zeiss Universal Phase contrast.
Zeiss PMII
B&L stereo zoom.

testudo man

Post by testudo man »

grgh wrote:Welcome Paul

With that kind of experience you should find much to gain and maybe we can look forward to seeing some of your fruits.

Still the odd butterfly up around Lancashire, bugs as well.

all the best.
Thanks for the welcome.
Yes, im always learning, so theres plenty of room, to gain more macro/close up experience/knowledge.

Yes, still some Bugs to be found down here in Kent, just have to search a bit harder for them ;-)
Last year, the weather this time of the year was "kinder" to us...October, for me, has been a "wash out"! Although yesterday at work, i did see a couple of active butterflies (Red Admirals). Also, a mass of Lady Birds/Bugs were on the wing, coaxed out, because of the warm October sun no doubt.
Cheers Paul.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic