Hello from Finland

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Rorschach

Hello from Finland

Post by Rorschach »

Hi everybody,

I am a middle-aged researcher (freshwater ecology) and have been using microscopes for my work for three decades. Mostly I have used stereos made by Wild, Leica, Zeiss and Russian Lomo.

The work on microscopes has been mostly invertebrate identification all the way to species level. I have a pretty good experience on Fennoscandian freshwater invertebrates (excluding Chironomidae, Oligochaeta etc.) but also some experience of Canadian stream invertebrates. The other part of work has revolved around teaching students to identify these critters.

At work we have a pretty high-end Zeiss microscope imaging system which got me interested in microphotography and now I am building a system based on Wild equipment at home :-) I have almost all the needed parts, except for the relay lens, its tube and couple of other things. It would be great to find people who have knowledge of photo work on the 70ies and 80ies Wild stereos! So I will be asking some questions :-)

Best regards,
Riku

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

Welcome to the forum, Riku!

Microscopists here would be glad to have your help on species identification as well.
Last edited by zzffnn on Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

I'll be glad to help if I can :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic