Greetings from Scotland

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Sam Vimes

Greetings from Scotland

Post by Sam Vimes »

Greetings all....

I've been monitoring this forum for some time now having gotten interested in Macro Photography only recently. I am in awe at the images you folks produce and if I can achieve only 1/10th the composition and quality of what you're doing I'll be happy.

I've been doing photography as a hobby for many years, both film and now digital and despite having a Macro lens for quite a while I've never really put it to good use. This year with the weather being a little on the wet and cold side I decide to turn to table top photography and dabble in Macro. It's been an interesting learning experience and I'm sure one that will never stop.

I'm not ready to share my feeble attempts but I do have some questions relating to lighting - which seems a common enough topic. I'll post these in the relevant section later. I'm sure there will be many other questions as well.

In the meantime I'm looking for more subjects to put in front of the camera until the weather improves and the wife starts dropping hints about doing the garden work :-). Actually Macro outside is something I want to do as well when she's not looking.

All the best from Scotland

grgh

Post by grgh »

Sam

Welcome to the forum, hope when weather improves to see some of your macro shots.
used to do astronomy.
and photography.
Zeiss Universal Phase contrast.
Zeiss PMII
B&L stereo zoom.

SutherlandDesmids

Post by SutherlandDesmids »

A fellow Scotsman, I see -- and a reader of Terry Pratchett? My aunt and the postmistress used to swap his books avidly.
Patrick J.K.C. Gray

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic