Greetings from Colorado

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

bralex

Greetings from Colorado

Post by bralex »

Hi all, you'll be seeing a lot of questions from me as I've recently discovered this forum.

My name is Scott, I'm an enthusiastic and...enthusiastic mineral photographer. I've been collecting microminerals for years, but only in the last 2 years have I been making any effort to photograph them. I'm hoping to sharply upgrade my skills over the next few months.

Thanks for creating and maintaining this forum!

One I'm fairly proud of...A small hematite crystal on topaz from Topaz Mountain, Utah.

Harald

Post by Harald »

Hi there bralex,
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to see microminerals from you.
I do a few of them myself. I´m collecting micro minerals just to photograph them.
I´m so lucky I sometimes get the opportunity to use the StackShot.
Mainly I use the EOS 7D with an EF 70-200 equipped with an 5x Mitutoyo.
Kind Regards
Harald

Lier Fotoklubb / NSFF
AFIAP / CPS
BGF / GMV
http://www.500px.com/blender11

dragonblade

Post by dragonblade »

Welcome aboard, Scott. That's a beautiful photo. It reminds me of some of the set design from the original Superman movie with Christopher Reeve. Also reminiscent of the 1959 film version of Jules Verne's Journey To The Center Of The Earth.

By the way, I photographed some sand grains through my microscope recently. Amazing when these sort of subjects are studied in close detail.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic