Another newbie from downunder

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Liney

Another newbie from downunder

Post by Liney »

Folks

First post on a recently discovered forum, so where do I start?

I've had the photo bug since the 80's, went digital about 9 years ago and have dabbled in a number of genres over the years. Macro is one area I've dipped my toe into recently, exploring the capabilities of my existing zoom lenses with a "macro" capability and a set of cheap extension tubes.

I finally have the change to take the next step, pick up a couple of gadgets to aid me along the way and maybe have a desktop studio setup.

I'm always on the lookout for new ideas, love "repurposing" old junk into a new use (never throw anything away there is a chance it could be useful) and am looking forward to the challenge.

Oh the nom de plume comes from the days when I worked on an aircraft flight line waving at pilots, but aircraft don't come that small so don't expect to see images of them....

Andy
Andy

Pentax user and proud of it

Harald

Post by Harald »

Hi there Andy,
Welcome aboard :D
This is a great forum, I´ve learned a lot from the amazing members.
No stupid questions, only questions.
Where to start? Hmm, I think browsing around and look for interesting things to photograph, get the inspiration from other members...
Don´t be afraid to post images and ask for comments.

Looking forward to see some sharings from you
Kind Regards
Harald

Lier Fotoklubb / NSFF
AFIAP / CPS
BGF / GMV
http://www.500px.com/blender11

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Andy, welcome aboard!

Since you're into repurposing stuff, be sure to take a look at http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... 5311#55311 and follow the links therein.

I think this forum shows more DIY projects than your average arts and crafts convention.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic