New from Pennsylvania

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

CarlG

New from Pennsylvania

Post by CarlG »

Greetings, and all that.

I hail from the Philadelphia suburbs, in the USA.

I've been messing with cameras for probably 50 years now, but claim no great expertise. My current interest in photomacrography is in photographing my miniature orchid plants as they come into bloom. I'm currently experimenting with focus stacking; as an honest-to-goodness linux greybeard, I've been using the hugin-tools package. Command lines are my friends.

Before retirement, I worked for years in a university research group working on developing image processing tools for use in biomedical research, culminating in 3D brain mapping sofware. Tons of fun.

Anyway, here's a few photos I've recently made (and of course, helpful criticisms are always welcome):

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: New from Pennsylvania

Post by rjlittlefield »

Carl, welcome aboard!

Your picture are not showing in your post. I suspect that they were too large to upload, and the diagnostic for upload errors can be subtle and easy to overlook.

Image sizes are limited to a max of 1024 pixels in each dimension, with an image file size of 300 KB or shorter.

More information about uploading is at https://www.photomacrography.net/forum/ ... 20&t=41917 .

I will be interested to hear how the hugin-tools work for your flowers.

If you run into difficulties, then consider trying Zerene Stacker instead. It should be quite happy to run on Linux as a GUI application, and if it does not then I will want to know immediately because I'm the fellow who wrote and supports that one.

--Rik

CarlG

Re: New from Pennsylvania

Post by CarlG »

Turns out it didn't like the file name.

(BTW: all aligned with align_image_stack and stacked using enfuse)

Let me try that again:
Attachments
Dracula_inequalis_2x.jpg
Dryadella_summersii_4x.jpg
Masdevallia_nidifica_2x.jpg
Masdevallia_nidifica_half_x.jpg

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic