Hello I'm New

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

CrispyMacro

Hello I'm New

Post by CrispyMacro »

Hello I'm new to the community and to photography. I own a Nikon D80 with Nikon DX AF-S NIKKON 18-35 mm 1:3.5-5.6 6g and AF Nikkor 35-70 mm 1:3.3-4.5 lens

Chris S.
Site Admin

Re: Hello I'm New

Post by Chris S. »

Welcome aboard, CrispyMacro! :D

I don't know what your subject interests are for macro, but given your hardware, you might find a dedicated macro lens very helpful. I recall how much easier things became when I got my first dedicated macro lens, as compared with using the macro range of a zoom.

A nice thing about your camera is that there are a lot of not-too-expensive, very good, second-hand macro lenses out there that will work with it. (No need for the latest.) You might check out the micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 AF-D, or the earlier micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 AI-S. Both are long discontinued and available not-too-painfully on the used market, but anyone wanting my specimen of the AF-D will need to pry it from my cold, dead hands.

--Chris S.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic