Nikon type 'A' Nosepiece.

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Alan Smith

Nikon type 'A' Nosepiece.

Post by Alan Smith »

rsz_nosepiece_ tinycrop.jpg
nose_dovetail_final shrink.jpg
What Nikon microscope is this for please? Dovetail is standard, but there is a fixed concave (reducing) lens in the lightpath

iconoclastica

Re: Nikon type 'A' Nosepiece.

Post by iconoclastica »

Both revolvers I use with my Optiphot have the same feature. The main reason I had for changing from my good old Labophot to the Optiphot was the removable nosepiece, so I could use two different sets of objectives. I seem to remeber having asked around when I bought the second one if the model made a difference and was replied that these parts are interchangeable.
Mine have no mention of an [A], though.
--- felix filicis ---

Alan Smith

Post by Alan Smith »

I have ended up with 3 nosepieces, 2 came with my Optiphot - one with 3 out of 4 BD/DIC objectives all with M25 threads (and no concave lens) and an unpopulated one (as shown above) . I separately bought another nosepiece with a full set of RMS DIC objectives and prisms. As it's a Sunday (and an F1 race day) I'm not in the lab, but tomorrow I will check that one for a concave fixed lens too. It certainly has no 'A' on it.
I have another query too - there's a slot between condenser and objectives with a slide-out non-rotating polariser - the rotating one is also present between objective and eyepieces. But the first slot -the one before the objectives looks wide enough to take another slide. Does anybody know what that space might be for? My first thought was for filters- but with 2 filter wheels on board that doesn't seem to be necessary.
Last edited by Alan Smith on Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Smith

Post by Alan Smith »

I wonder - is this slot for a slide between analyser and condense mentioned above for what is called a 'red compensator slider'?

PeteM

Post by PeteM »

I suspect this is meant for something like an inverted scope, where a bit more clearance for the turret was needed and the tube length needed to be adjusted back down to 160mm.

Alan Smith

Post by Alan Smith »

Thanks for that thought, I have some 160's to try.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic