Mitutoyo M Plan Apo HR 5x

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

dmillard

Mitutoyo M Plan Apo HR 5x

Post by dmillard »

This could possibly be a very good deal for someone. I've dealt with dy-global before, and always had satisfactory transactions in the past.
David

www.ebay.com/itm/204078393152

Scarodactyl

Re: Mitutoyo M Plan Apo HR 5x

Post by Scarodactyl »

Cool! I hope somebody here gets it, it's at a surprisingly good price (though simultaneously well out of my budget).

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

I've also purchased from dy-global. While the second-hand stack of micrometer stages I purchased from them wasn't up to my standards, this vendor's customer service was excellent, and processed my return cheerfully. I did, however, have to pay shipping back to Korea--not a small thing.

Likewise, this lens is also in Korea, and the listing says that returns are not accepted. As most of us know, if the lens turns out to be bad, a buyer can take the position that the item is not as described, and likely elicit permission to return for refund despite the "no refunds" policy. Though must say I dislike doing this.

If this is a good specimen, agree this is a tempting price. (Though not for me just now--have been spending a lot on photography, of late.)

If a buyer is in the USA and wants me to test this lens, PM me. It should resolve more than my known-good Mitutoyo 5x/0.14, and about equally with my known-good Mitutoyo 7x/0.21. I would of course test it against both.

--Chris S.

Scarodactyl

Post by Scarodactyl »

Looks like someone bought it. Hope it was a forumite!

Bakwetu

Post by Bakwetu »

Yes, I got it and had it delivered a few days ago. Unfortunately it was a dud. It appears to have had fungus inside and it had been taken apart to clean that. There are dustparticles on many levels (lens packages) inside it and some smear on several lenses. I tested it anyway of course, and while the centre was sharper than the regular Mitutoyo 0.14 I have, it was about similar out to aps-c and much worse at the edges and corners. I was going to send it back for a refund but I just got approved a substantial partial refund to keep it that I accepted. I'll try and clean it out again, I don't have high hopes of fixing it but you never know.

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

Bakwetu,

Thanks much for this feedback. It's very useful.

Sorry this nice-sounding lens was in such bad shape.

--Chris S.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic