Unidentified stuff

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ray_parkhurst

Unidentified stuff

Post by ray_parkhurst »

I went to an estate sale in Palo Alto that had a bunch of microscope and optics parts. The sale said "56 years of accumulation" so it was a no-brainer. There were a lot of interesting things, and I went back a couple times to get more. I'm keeping much of what I bought but am looking for new homes for some of the stuff. For today, I have some items I can't identify definitively. I have some ideas but am just not sure. Here is a pic of the items:
DSC_4960_1.JPG
The 4-gang item with a couple extra pieces appears to be a group of condensers. One is marked "dark field", while another is marked "low mag". Chrome base has different size holes. There are optics in each piece and it appears there is a mount for a fiber light in each one with thumbscrew mount. I removed one of the tubes with optics and turned it upside down. Probably came from one of the biotech companies that shut down in last few years.

There is a Leitz illuminator/mirror assembly, a tube with slot on one end and optics inside (probably part of an inspection system), and a couple of items with what looks like IR optics.

If you can identify these, or need them, then PM me. I'll sell the whole lot for $20 plus shipping.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic