Sold: motorized Nikon Focus Block

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

lothman

Sold: motorized Nikon Focus Block

Post by lothman »

Hello,
I got this item years ago for a project what never happened ;-). I payed 200€ and got 50€ rebate because the item was so bad packed that it came with a bent timing belt pulley (see picture).

Fine fokus turns smooth but the timing belt pulley is wobbling. This should easily be fixed or replaced. I have no clue about the wiring of the stepper motor but this should also be easy to find out.

I am asking 100.-€ plus shipping.

regards
Lothar
Nikon_a.jpg
Nikon_b.jpg
Nikon_c.jpg
Last edited by lothman on Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris S.
Site Admin

Re: motorized Nikon Focus Block

Post by Chris S. »

For anyone who is OK with the bit of wobble Lothar mentioned, this is a wonderful item and a super deal. I use the same part from the same vendor Lothar bought his from in the Bratcam. That post contains a parts list for one way of integrating it into a macro rig.

Figuring out the existing motor would not be difficult. However, one can also order a NEMA 17 motor from Cognisys, already terminated to work with their StackShot controller. Replacing the motor is just the matter of a few easily accessible screws.

--Chris S.

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Email sent
Chris R

lothman

Post by lothman »

ChrisR wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:11 pm