Schneider Xenon 28mm f2,0 line scan lens

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Big Pete

Schneider Xenon 28mm f2,0 line scan lens

Post by Big Pete »

I am looking for the 6 element Schneider Xenon 1:2/28 line scan lens in an all metal B00 barrel mount, if the price is reasonable. Custom duty, 25% VAT and postage will be added by the Swedish Custom Duty!

J_Rogers

Re: Schneider Xenon 28mm f2,0 line scan lens

Post by J_Rogers »

If nobody on the forum has one of these lenses for a good price; depending on budget & if you have a c-mount camera, or even open to the possibility of using one, I would suggest buying a new Xenon at wholesale price from a supplier like RMA Electronics or equivalent. The average prices for older Xenon's on eBay over the last year has been outrageous. Wholesale prices for brand new c-mount Xenon's are only marginally higher than used prices by many Chinese eBay sellers. This would guarantee a non-damaged lens that would hold its resale value better.

All of that doesn't apply if you are intending to use a regular DSLR, but if you wait long enough you'll eventually find a nice lens.

Big Pete

Re: Schneider Xenon 28mm f2,0 line scan lens

Post by Big Pete »

Thank you J_Rogers for your answer. C-mount is new to me and I know nothing about it. I use a Sony A7R ii scale down to APS-C as it is a lot quicker in my Imac 27" late 2013. For my purpose APS-C is plenty in RAW. Will a C-mount cover APS-C?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic