Heine Phase Contrast Condenser (found!!)

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Macro_Cosmos

Heine Phase Contrast Condenser (found!!)

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

Hi, I want one of these to toy with. Seems like a fun thing to have.

It has to be mechanically good and optically adequate. I understand it's a piece of antique so some dust is inevitable, just no cracks, fungus, the sorts.
An oil top lens is a requirement too. I don't need anything else. Listings on *bay comes with objectives and a neat box, but I don't want to deal with having to sell them.

PM me if you have one.

Selling lots of my stuff: https://www.ebay.com/sch/danny7271994/m ... pg=&_from=
If you see something you like, I will give you a discount (more than 10% which are their final value fees). Stuff are marked on *bay, we'll do the transaction outside of that greedy website.

Thank you!
Last edited by Macro_Cosmos on Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Perl

Re: Wanted: Heine Phase Contrast Condenser

Post by Perl »

Have one but
it depend what you are willing to pay for it
Regards
Pär
****** Seeing is Believing ******

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

Perl wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:24 pm
Have one but
it depend what you are willing to pay for it
Regards
Pär
PM sent.

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

Sorry, I missed your WTB by a few weeks, otherwise I would have sold mine to you. Mine went onto eBay and got sold the next day.

Any reason why you really want it in your life :) I can ask around and see if I can find you another one.

I don't think most people really need it though, if they already have DIC.

It does enhance contrast (e.g., diatom dotting) quite a bit for variable phase contrast, COL and darkfield, however its imagery is quite busy-looking (think donut bokeh) and not as pleasant as DIC.

I sold mine because I am getting DIC in the future.

Perl

Post by Perl »

Heine and DIC are 2 complete Diffrent Thing
****** Seeing is Believing ******

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

zzffnn wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:18 pm
Any reason why you really want it in your life :) I can ask around and see if I can find you another one.
Yep, they sell rather easily, quite a popular item. I found the 2 copies I need (for myself and a friend).
I do have DIC already with a very capable 60x, but DIC isn't the be-all-end-all kind of thing, phase contrast and darkfield are powerful methods, so is COL. Heine does all 3, I especially want it for the immersion darkfield abilities. With the phase contrast condenser, I can only get DF working up to a 20x NA 0.75 objective, or my 40x Iris. I would like it for my 60x as well.

I really like phase contrast effects and POL+COL too. I hope this Heine condenser will replace my u-pcd completely, which is being shipped to Russia anyway.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic