WTB in USA reversing ring

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

jeffk

WTB in USA reversing ring

Post by jeffk »

Does anyone have a M30.5x0.5 male to M42x1 male thread adapter they can spare. RAF takes 3+ months unless you pay $50 in shipping and then still may be >1mo! Could Thorlabs products be substituted somehow? Thanks. Jeff

Macro_Cosmos

Re: WTB in USA reversing ring

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

Yes. Their SM30 tube system is exactly what you should be looking at.
SM30 is deceiving, the threads are M30.5x0.5, not M30.

SM2A12
then
SM2A25

Couple them with this...
SM2T2

Not cheap I'm telling you. Why does it have to be external to external? That's very unconventional. You're better off finding someone with access to

jeffk

Post by jeffk »

Thanks. This adapter is to attach a raynox tube lens (with the lens reversed) to a reversed Schneider xenon f2 28mm or 35 lens. I think this will work. Cost of the Thorlabs is greater than the RAF adapter + the 50$ shipping! Jeff
Jeff Kaine

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

Yeah I see I didn't finish my sentence up there. I wanted to say you're better off finding someone with access to CNC.

Reversing a raynox to attach the Schneider Xenon 35mm or 28mm lens? That can be done with a very cheap adaptor/filter that you can find locally. Just do this:
1. Get wire strippers
2. Forcibly strip off the plastic rim of the Raynox
3. If you care about aesthetics, grind the rim so it's smooth.
4. Buy a 30.5mm filter from a local source. Get those cheap ones, remove the glass, and glue the Raynox on reversed.

Here's a local 30.5mm filter for a total of $8 or so: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolei-35S-35SE ... SwYxBZ77DJ

Doing so brings many mounting advantages. I got a Raynox rear thread (M43 I believe, or was it 39? Oh well) to SM2 adaptor, this allows me to precisely adjust the location of the tube lens in SM2 tubes, and it lets me shove the raynox right up the objective, as close as possible. I don't use mine at a tube lens, but it's good to have for my job.

It's totally worth it. If you somehow really need the front threading, you can always buy another. The DCR150 is like $50 or something.

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

If you don't want to modify the raynox, then simply find a way to attach it to a 30.5mm ring of some kind. It shouldn't be hard.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic