Wild M5 Stereomicroscope-

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

solos63

Wild M5 Stereomicroscope-

Post by solos63 »

Hello, I am student. I need additional objective 2x. If you have got it and think to sell, I can buy it. you can mail as pm

http://www.science-info.net/docs/wild/W ... or-Use.pdf

solos63

motic 2x

Post by solos63 »

dear friends
I bought MOTIC MICROSCOPE 2x, 1.5x, 0.5x objectives from ebay. They are fitted perfectly. I recommend to you, Motic K400 are same Wild M5. They are very cheaper than wild parts.

And also I bought 20x Olympus G20X eyepiece (30mm diameter), it fitted to my microscope.

this is only my amateur information for users.

best regards

solos63

Post by solos63 »

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Hi, how well do they work?
Pau

g4lab

Post by g4lab »

The Motic gear that Solos refers to appeared about twenty years ago. They were excellent copies of the Wild M5A including interchangeable parts. The rumor was that Wild sold or gave by partnership , all the M5 tooling to Motic.
I have never heard whether or not that was actually true.

What I have seen is that 1) all the Motic series gear that is intended to copy the Wild stuff plays very well together (with real Wild gear)and 2) the quality of these scopes is quite good. I hesitate to say equal to Wild (probably not equal to your M5A Apo :D ) But definitely seviceable. It is also worth mentioning that Motic makes a lot of gear that is sold with the Blue Zeiss medallion on it. This includes all their manual stereos and the PrimoStar line and probably lots of others too.

Finally as luck would have it a set of their auxiliary lenses like Solos has , has fallen into my clutches and I cannot discern much difference except the lack of a Wild Heerbrugg label. I have not had the occasion to compare them.

solos63

Post by solos63 »

Pau wrote:Hi, how well do they work?
they are perfect for me, I obtained more magnification. But I think that If I fin 30x or 40x eyepiece, I want to try them for minor arthropod disection.

solos63

Post by solos63 »

g4lab wrote:The Motic gear that Solos refers to appeared about twenty years ago. They were excellent copies of the Wild M5A including interchangeable parts. The rumor was that Wild sold or gave by partnership , all the M5 tooling to Motic.
I have never heard whether or not that was actually true.

What I have seen is that 1) all the Motic series gear that is intended to copy the Wild stuff plays very well together (with real Wild gear)and 2) the quality of these scopes is quite good. I hesitate to say equal to Wild (probably not equal to your M5A Apo :D ) But definitely seviceable. It is also worth mentioning that Motic makes a lot of gear that is sold with the Blue Zeiss medallion on it. This includes all their manual stereos and the PrimoStar line and probably lots of others too.

Finally as luck would have it a set of their auxiliary lenses like Solos has , has fallen into my clutches and I cannot discern much difference except the lack of a Wild Heerbrugg label. I have not had the occasion to compare them.

Dear g4lab,
Are Motic parts appropriate Zeiss stereomicroscope?

g4lab

Post by g4lab »

Dear g4lab,
Are Motic parts appropriate Zeiss stereomicroscope?
Which Zeiss stereomicroscope and which Motic parts?
Generally speaking although many of the K series Motic stuff seems quite interchangeable with many different Wild Heerbrugg models, (not just the M5 but also the M3 ,7,8 series too using DIFFERENT Motic series parts than the M5) I have never seen anything Motic that would work with Zeiss.

They do make the Fisher Price entry level Zeiss scope (I think it is called DV4) and also the C2000 series(and maybe even the manually operated StereoDiscovery SV8). But I haven't seen anything that they sell under their own name that looked similar enough to be interchangeable.

So I think the short answer to your question is no. (except that oculars are pretty interchangeable between brands and probably also auxiliary front lenses to some extent. But other parts such as binoc and trinoc heads and zoom bodies and vertical illuminators are not interchangeable except in unusual cases as above.)

If you are going to try to up the ocular magnification I think you should try to buy some lower priced oculars(nothing at all on ebay right now. Maybe try to find a pair of the Zeiss 25x that Beatsy mentioned but they will be expensive). If you go for Wild or Leica it will be very expensive proposition and I think you will be disappointed in the result. I would try to mount a stronger auxiliary lens on the front and limit the oculars to 20x. jmo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-Carl-Zeiss ... xyhXRTLuwn
These might fit and your M5 has focusing eyetubes. It would get you another 20-25% magnification. I would offer $100 or less.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/eyepieces-Carl- ... SwWTRWzdhl

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARL-ZEISS-4X-2 ... SwI-BWMUin

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICROSCOPE-PART ... SwNSxVPFNR

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICROSCOPE-PART ... SwEeFU8l74
You could buy a pair of these if you could find them(The guy seems to have at least two) and use a 30mm to 23.2mm reducing sleeve. Since the field number above 20x is so small the smaller diameter wouldn't matter. There is a similar pair of Bausch and Lomb 33x too.

Choronzon

Post by Choronzon »

People in labs tend to hang onto these first version M5's . Yours has the desirable full rack focusing mount. If it was mine, I would never sell it; it's the Macintosh tube amp of stereo microscopes.
I am not young enough to know everything.

g4lab

Post by g4lab »

The Wild M5 was the first stereo I looked into and said "WOW!"

Ichthyophthirius

Post by Ichthyophthirius »

g4lab wrote:
I have never seen anything Motic that would work with Zeiss.

They do make the Fisher Price entry level Zeiss scope (I think it is called DV4) and also the C2000 series(and maybe even the manually operated StereoDiscovery SV8). But I haven't seen anything that they sell under their own name that looked similar enough to be interchangeable.
The DV4 is made (or at least was made) by a Zeiss-BeIOMO joint venture in Belarus.

This YouTube clip shows the company; very interesting to see how these microscopes are made. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htrq_GXSV5I

Regards,

Ichty

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic