For Sale: Nikon E-Plan 40x/0.65 & Nikon E-Plan 20x/0.4

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Noah212

For Sale: Nikon E-Plan 40x/0.65 & Nikon E-Plan 20x/0.4

Post by Noah212 »

Up for sale is:

- Nikon E-Plan 40x/0.65
- Nikon E-Plan 20x/0.4

While the objective lenses have seen some use, their glass itself is in pristine condition. Please PM me or post here if you have any questions or if you'd like to make an offer. I am open to trades too, just send me a PM. Thanks!

Note: Only the 40x objective is pictured below. I will soon upload photos of the 20x objective but in the meantime just know that the two lenses look quite similar and are in about the same condition.

Just to clarify, the white marks on the front end glass surface in the photo above are reflections, not scratches.

nielsgeode

Post by nielsgeode »

Hi Noah,

I am interested in these two objectives, but I have a couple of questions. Aren't these objectives designed to work with a cover glass and can this give any issues when you use them without a cover glass? What is the working distance and DOF? What do you think of $325 for both objectives?

Thanx
Niels

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

The pictured 40X/0.65 looks like the CF E Plan described on page 11 of the Nikon brochure HERE. Specifications for that lens are given on page 14; it has working distance 0.56 mm and is spring loaded. Cover glass is needed; without it, the image will suffer significantly reduced contrast and resolution.

The brochure's spec for 20X/0.4 says working distance 1.2 mm. Cover glass can be omitted with that lens with only a minor effect on contrast and resolution.

Both of the lenses described in the brochure are intended for use with condenser illumination of transparent subjects. Neither of them would be good for use with opaque subjects, due to lack of room to illuminate around the lens.

--Rik

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Just to link the Noah212's own tests of both objectives:

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... ht=#120389

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... ht=#120831

I think the Rik's comments are fully valid
Pau

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic