It Must Be SPRING!!!

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Olympusman

It Must Be SPRING!!!

Post by Olympusman »

Our favorite neighborhood skunk has come out of hibernation. This is what his/her activity of one night of grubbing on our front lawn looks like.
Skunk 1.jpg
Skunk 2.jpg
Does anybody have any suggestions to rid of this pox upon us, short of a .38 Special?

Thanks Mike
Michael Reese Much FRMS EMS Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA

grgh

Re: It Must Be SPRING!!!

Post by grgh »

Mike

not sure if its available in your location, you could try "Renardine", an agriculture remedy.

think it might also been known as Fox oil or Dippels oil.

main warning do not get it on any clothes or hands, You will not be let into the house.

George
used to do astronomy.
and photography.
Zeiss Universal Phase contrast.
Zeiss PMII
B&L stereo zoom.

Olympusman

Post by Olympusman »

Dear George,
Thanks for the suggestion. However, Renardine was banned in the UK in 2005 and I don't think it got across the pond anyway. I went online to Home Depot and found SKUNK SCRAM in pellet form, but I haven't seen any renewed damage to our lawn since I raked it. Some varmint repellants are quite interesting, such as iguana repellent. In Pennsylvania we really don't have a huge iguana problem, but Florida is a different story.

Mike
Michael Reese Much FRMS EMS Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA

klevin

Post by klevin »

Love it! Looks a bit like my beds, except I have a lot more snow...but I did see a few daffodil stems peeking up - rather yellow from being buried in ice and snow.

MarkSturtevant

Post by MarkSturtevant »

We can get similar formations at this time, but looking closely one sees little mouse-wide troughs in the soil, sometimes loosely roofed with lawn grass. In that case it seems these are mouse tunnels formed under the snow.
As for skunks, I suppose if there would be treatments for grubs.
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic