Boston Massachusetts macro and micro photographers

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

zzffnn

Boston Massachusetts macro and micro photographers

Post by zzffnn »

Hello, everyone! I have seen quite a few macro and micro photography enthusiasts here in Boston Massachusetts area.

Maybe we can loosely set up a virtual club, or email list of some sort, to have fun together and help each other out?

I have been doing micro- , supermacro- and general photography for a few years: https://www.flickr.com/photos/zzffnn/albums

https://youtube.com/channel/UCYAEvNNuwcyuBweWx6uV71w

I started as a microbiologist, so I know a bit about microscopes/ macro lenses and how to set them up for photography; happy to help other hobbyists nearby.

I also kayak, photograph birds and collect seashells/nature artifacts in Boston area, also joined Boston Grotto (caving club) last week. Those activities should provide some interesting micro/macro samples.

Currently, I have a small LOMO microscope and a few macro lenses in Boston with me. Another two scopes in Texas I have to move to Boston soon. One of which is a Nikon Optiphot Frankenstein scope that many different branded parts.

Best,
Frank

klevin

Re: Boston Massachusetts macro and micro photographers

Post by klevin »

You have some nice pics on your flickr page.

I'm in SW New Hampshire, right at the base of Mt. Monadnock. My photo interests are plant macro and our many local streams.

If you organize a Boston area group, count me in. There are so many places between here and Boston for shooting nature.

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

Hello klevin, thank you very much for your kind words.

I am happy to meet you at Mt. Monadnock, or anywhere between Boston and there, with my mask on.

Do you have anything to shoot, other than snow flakes, in winter?

So far, I have only received one micro interest from the other forum.

I am happy to gift you some tiny foraminifera specimens for supermacro, with which you can try stcking under 4x microscope objectives.

klevin

Post by klevin »

I've actually had a lovely time walking trails along two streams, photographing the ice and snow amidst the running water. Not macro, but good to get out. In the spring, since I like plants, macro will abound, but if past patterns hold, that will be around mid-march. It's a wonder to watch an area go from winter dormancy to full life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic