Trouble getting into site.

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Billy B

Trouble getting into site.

Post by Billy B »

For some reason I'm having trouble getting into this site. Everytime I type in www.photomacrography or variation there of in the search box, it directs me to Johan J Ingles-Le Nobel site "Extreme Macro". Great site and I love his articles, but not what I'm looking for when I want to get to this forum. Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Trouble getting into site.

Post by rjlittlefield »

I'm guessing that by "search box", you must mean the place at top of your browser that used to be reserved for URL's.

The problem then must be that instead of taking your type-in to be a URL and just going there, the browser, or more likely a search engine plugin, is treating it as a search string and looking for relevant content.

The solution is to somehow or other get to the page you want to reach again, and set a bookmark for it. Then use your bookmark instead of the search box.

Here is a handy link to the top index page of the forum: https://www.photomacrography.net/forum/index.php

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic