Photo sharing services in 2021

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

bralex

Photo sharing services in 2021

Post by bralex »

As I continue to shift away from social media, I've started looking into photo services. I'm mainly interested in sharing with friends/family and having a place to link to for full resolution versions. I'm not looking for any services other than hosting. An app would be nice but not necessary. I'm wary of the free services, but still open to them. Amazon just got a nice writeup on Ars Technica, which is what prompted this post. I also know there's been a lot of churn in the business.

It looks like SmugMug has some well-regarded tools in place if I ever want to build a website, and I gather that they own Flickr now (which also seems to have a good rep).

What are you guys using, and what are your thoughts there?

Sym P. le

Re: Photo sharing services in 2021

Post by Sym P. le »

I'm on Flickr but I'm thinking of shutting it down due to the smutty advertising that I don't wish to support.

MarkSturtevant

Re: Photo sharing services in 2021

Post by MarkSturtevant »

Here is a summary of photo sharing services, with notes about cost (if any), etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_i ... g_websites.
I've been on Flickr, and recently transitioned to Flickr Pro. No ads then. I know you can set whether the pictures are public, or are restricted. But that is probably not unique to Flickr.
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic