Shutter Stock , Adobe Stock

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

dolphine

Re: Shutter Stock , Adobe Stock

Post by dolphine »

dragonblade wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:25 pm
dhmiller wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:14 pm
I've sold many images at Adobe Stock, some for as little as .7 cents
I'm finding that very surprising to hear. I contribute to Adobe Stock as well and I have never received low commissions like that. Never heard of anyone else getting those either. Usually, I get around .99c from Adobe Stock and on one occasion, I got $3.07.

By the way, I urge anyone to keep away from Shutterstock. I used to be a contributor there but no longer. Recently, they've made some massive changes to their earning system. Commissions for contributors have been massively slashed with people losing lots of income. The majority of people are getting an average of .10c per photo there after the change. And if that's not bad enough, they also introduced video subscriptions. When you sold videos through SS, you used to get commissions like $17, $23 etc. Those figures are less common these days. Many contributors are reporting that they're getting a few dollars (and sometimes even less than a dollar) for video sales which is an insult.
Seems to be the business model for all the stock sites. Pay good commissions, get a large userbase and then make changes to the payment structure to maximise profits.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic