New website suggestion for hosting my pics.

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

wbodine

New website suggestion for hosting my pics.

Post by wbodine »

I have been using a free website platform called Google Sites as my webpage for posting all my close-up and macro shots. https://www.williamsmacrophotos.com/. It does not easily allow me to zoom in on my photos to see fine details. Any suggestions about the best web platform for up-close and macro shots that allow for a smooth zoom?

MarkSturtevant

Re: New website suggestion for hosting my pics.

Post by MarkSturtevant »

I post from my Flickr page The Share Photo tool (its a curved arrow) generates a url, and you simply copy and paste that here in the body of your text. Before you commit, be sure to look at the size of the picture that will be posted. I like the "Large" size (1600 x 1025). A viewer can click on the picture which takes them to that picture on Flickr, and they can enlarge it there if they wish.
Its easy to make a free Flickr account, and the limit is pretty generous. It took me years to reach my limit.
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic