Godox TT350

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Will

Godox TT350

Post by Will »

Having just bought a new camera and a couple of lenses I’m on a tight budget so was hoping the Godox TT350 might do for some basic macro. Apart from battery life it seems to get good reviews. Compactness is also something I like. Anyone on here using one?

Maray

Re: Godox TT350

Post by Maray »

Issue is that for the TT350 if you lose the diffuser it seems there is no universal replacement. while with the TT685 there are generic options. Wrote to Godox and Adorama for a TT350 replacement diffuser. Godox never replied, Adorama does not have spares. The diffuser on the TT350 comes off easily, not as secure as the TT685 diffuser. I'd use a piece or 2 of gaffer tape to secure the diffuser.

I have flash disc clones that work great but they are a pain to put on the large TT685 flash heads ( I got a cash advance online for it). requires some effort and stretching.
Last edited by Maray on Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joshmacro

Re: Godox TT350

Post by joshmacro »

I use the Godox TT350 with my Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II and it works well. It is light and small and does the job for me. It really is great on top of a smaller camera. I only do macro work indoors so it is a bit moot regarding the size though. It is not my primary flash, but I have been using it to light my backgrounds. It is not the most solidly built however so you will probably need to treat it well. The fact that it has a radio trigger for other Godox flashes is great. In summary, it's small and versatile and I don't think you can go wrong with it. If you need a powerful workhorse that is built like a tank then this is not for you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic