First post from Andy, a newbie

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Andy Oxley

First post from Andy, a newbie

Post by Andy Oxley »

Hi, my name is Andy and I live in the UK. I have been a photographer for many years, interested mainly in aviation and wildlife and travel. However, due to the lockdown and a back injury at the same time, I started watching Alan Walls on You Tube, amongst others, who inspired me to try extreme macro.

In the last couple of months I have built my first rig, spent hours on eBay searching for obscure and cheap stuff, and tried to catch a few insects, just to satiate my latest obsession.

Having made more than a few terrible messes of stacked images, I finally have one that is half decent and I wanted to post it so maybe some of you might comment so I can improve.

Its a hoverfly (I think), stitched from 4 images following being stacked in Helicon Focus from about 300 images. I used a canon 5DSR with bellows and a Componon 50mm enlarger lens, with a we macro rail. I have learnt mainly to try much harder to get it right in camera, clean the b***** insect better, and try to improver at Photoshop amongst others.

Comments gladly received

Andy OxleyImage

Adalbert

Post by Adalbert »

Hi Andy,
Welcome to the forum!
Nice stack, well done.
BR, ADi

Sym P. le

Post by Sym P. le »

Fantastic! I love the lighting. The stack looks great though I don't do much myself so I'm no expert.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic