First post/stack

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

quagmire

First post/stack

Post by quagmire »

Dear all!
I am very glad to join the community. I am new to photography in general (a bit more than a year), and after trying myself in different fields of photography i realised that i have always assumed macro special.
Here is my first stack i got after some dancing-around with a reversed Nikkon L-Nillor 50mm on bellows. It's a tiny bee (around 1 cm long) i found dead on my balcony.
Would be nice to hear some comments.
Thank you,
Alexander

Troels

Post by Troels »

I see a picture techically very well performed and esthetically very appealing.
I would expect it to be the product of a very experienced macro photographer.
I would be proud of it.
Troels Holm, biologist (retired), environmentalist, amateur photographer.
Visit my Flickr albums

quagmire

Post by quagmire »

Troels wrote:I see a picture techically very well performed and esthetically very appealing.
I would expect it to be the product of a very experienced macro photographer.
I would be proud of it.
Thank you very much Troels. It does feels like a very warm welcoming indeed. Feel like more enthusiastic now. Technically that's a second effort, the first was a failure as i didn't have stable base, so it was really soft. The result i've achieved here is quite dependent on the DIY macrostand a made.

Yawns

Post by Yawns »

I second Troels words.. exactly what I think too, no need to repeat :D
Be aware.. that kind of photos is very adictive...

What is a L-Nillor?.. do you mean EL-Nikkor ?

EDIT: for a bee you found dead it's pretty cean .. were you lucky? or did you clean it with Photoshop? (or any other editor) ...

Yawns

Post by Yawns »

TIP: dead beasties with long antenna use to look "dead" or "sleepy", if you want to get a more lively look do the shooting with the subject upside down and let the gravity straighten the antenna ... later just flip the photo upside down

quagmire

Post by quagmire »

Yawns wrote:TIP: dead beasties with long antenna use to look "dead" or "sleepy", if you want to get a more lively look do the shooting with the subject upside down and let the gravity straighten the antenna ... later just flip the photo upside down
Thank you for the words and for the tips. Yes, i meant Nikkor. I cleaned the bee with squirrel brush under the magnifying glass first, that removed almost everything, then cleaned a couple of flecks in photoshop, but just a little.

quagmire

Post by quagmire »

Billy B

Re: First post/stack

Post by Billy B »

Excellent lighting quagmire. I'm new to macro photography myself and find this to be an outstanding site. Hope to get a few of my own photos posted soon.

kimsood

Post by kimsood »

Excited to be here! The lens is so impressive! =D> =D> =D>
Cuvet.Co Spectrophotometer Cuvettes
Web: https://cuvet.co/
Manufacturer of spectrophotometer cuvettes, fluorometer cuvettes, flow cells, and customized cuvettes used for biomolecular engineering.

Guido

Post by Guido »

You made an impressive picture!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic