Specimen Holder

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

kutilka,

As has been said, I don't think you are the first to conceive of this type of subject stage. Several similar stages have been documented in our forum alone. Nor do I think it should receive a strong utility patent, as the idea is not novel. There are products already out there that perform similar jobs.

This said, your implementation looks more robust and practical than the others. If made into a product, your design might be best on market, regardless of patents.

Is there any chance you can produce a very nice version of your design, and offer it for sale to the macro-photo community? If quality were high, and price affordable, I suspect many of us would order it.

Cheers,

--Chris S.

kutilka

Post by kutilka »

The device is not patented !!!
Kutilkův patentní ukolmovač - it's just such a recession.:!: :D
Production possibilities for serial or semi-series production do not have ...
I gave it just for inspiration ...

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

kutilka wrote:The device is not patented !!! . . . . I gave it just for inspiration ...
Is there any chance you may be able to offer this product to other macro photographers?

--Chris S.
Last edited by Chris S. on Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kutilka

Post by kutilka »

I don't have production possibilities.:(
I only have 1 piece that a turner made after a long persuasion.
It is necessary to keep exactly both radii to ensure that the two parts fit perfectly. (NC machine tool). Grind and polish after turning. Handmade nearly 3 hours ...
Ideally, a PTFE coating would be applied for smoother operation and more stable adjustment.

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

kutilka wrote:It is necessary to keep exactly both radii to ensure that the two parts fit perfectly. (NC machine tool). Grind and polish after turning. Handmade nearly 3 hours ...
Ideally, a PTFE coating would be applied for smoother operation and more stable adjustment.
In fact, there is another approach: in place of the lower hemisphere you can put just a ring of any diameter (well, big enough to be stable and smaller enough to allow upper part movements :smt002 )
Pau

kutilka

Post by kutilka »

For vertical use yes, for horizontal it would have to be a circular magnet strong enough to hold the upper part.
I chose my solution for more friction and hence stability. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic