My first macro shots, some more...

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Rajdeep

My first macro shots, some more...

Post by Rajdeep »

Hi, I just bought my dslr last month, was very eager to shoot macro with it, but did not knew about the high costs of Macro lenses. Anyway, these are my trials with my 50mm lens fixed in the reversed position.
Last edited by Rajdeep on Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nikon D7000 + 50mm 1.8D

johan

Post by johan »

uh-oh, this is how many of us started :) I see many acquisitions ahead :)

ps. I understand why you do it but those facebook thingies are a bit intrusive! Also the board's admin might gently tell you off, I forget what the max # of images is but I believe it's less than 9 (?).
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

I agree with Johan! The normal limit is 6 per day.

The lens is doing OK for you Rajdeep. You could try a reversed good enlarger lens (eg one of the 50mm f/2.8 from large manufacturer) which do somewhat better.
You seem to have a common problem just showing in a couple of the higher mag shots - a lighter "hot spot" in the middle. Often that's due to internal reflections, and can be improved by a disc of black paper with a hole just big enough, immediately behind the lens.

Try diffusing the light (even) more too (tissue paper works) - it'll help avoid washed-out highlights.

Looking forward to seeing more, you found some nice subjects there.

Rajdeep

Post by Rajdeep »

ChrisR wrote: You seem to have a common problem just showing in a couple of the higher mag shots - a lighter "hot spot" in the middle. Often that's due to internal reflections, and can be improved by a disc of black paper with a hole just big enough, immediately behind the lens.
Sorry could not understand that. Please explain!
Nikon D7000 + 50mm 1.8D

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Take a photo of eg a dark grey plain sheet of paper, various apertures, higher magnification. I think you'll see it then - lighter and less saturated..

Rajdeep

Post by Rajdeep »

Nikon D7000 + 50mm 1.8D

Rajdeep

Post by Rajdeep »

Nikon D7000 + 50mm 1.8D

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Thanks for dropping the bold text signature. These are much easier to look at.

#2 in the previous set has a nice viewpoint -- very much on the fly's level.

#3 in this last set has striking colors. The green is so bright that it almost looks like it was spattered onto the ground from a paint can. What kind of a place is this, that has such red dirt and such green plants?

--Rik

Rajdeep

Post by Rajdeep »

rjlittlefield wrote: #3 in this last set has striking colors. The green is so bright that it almost looks like it was spattered onto the ground from a paint can. What kind of a place is this, that has such red dirt and such green plants?

--Rik
All the pictures I posted are from my garden.
This is the original picture, the previous one was resized on 'Microsoft picture manager', so the colours became too vivid. This has been resized in photoshop.
Here's a 100% crop
Nikon D7000 + 50mm 1.8D

Rajdeep

Post by Rajdeep »

A spider with its winter snacks (maybe)!
Nikon D7000 + 50mm 1.8D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic