Macro work examples to compare with my poor micro images on the Micro forum - posted today

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

NewForestTel

Macro work examples to compare with my poor micro images on the Micro forum - posted today

Post by NewForestTel »

For some years I have been a member but in recent years I have not had the courage to post my images.
Until now I have concentrated on “extreme macro” work with insects and have done most of my work with either a Canon EOS 1D Mk4 (full frame) or a Canon M6 Mk2 (cropped frame)
The lenses I have used are Canon MPE 65mm or Canon 100mm Macro f2.8 with the 1D Mk4.
And Laowa 2.5-5x or the Canon 100mm Macro f2.8 with the Canon M6 Mk2.
Some of the work has been manual Stack and Stitch (SnS)
Yesterday I tried using a microscope objective with disastrous results (see my post on the Micro Forum)
For purposes of showing my macro work I have posted three images on the Macro forum today but my question relates to the post on the Micro Forum
I have always used Zerene Stacker Pro for my stacking work and am used to Slabbing and the associated retouching.
Attachments
SnS - 9 stacks of 119 x 150um manually stitched in PS. Total 981 images
SnS - 9 stacks of 119 x 150um manually stitched in PS. Total 981 images
SnS - 6 stacks of 20 x200um manually stitched in Ps. Total 120 images
SnS - 6 stacks of 20 x200um manually stitched in Ps. Total 120 images
SnS - 2 stacks of 140x 200um manually stitched in PS. Total 280 images
SnS - 2 stacks of 140x 200um manually stitched in PS. Total 280 images
Terry Turner

Marcepstein

Re: Macro work examples to compare with my poor micro images on the Micro forum - posted today

Post by Marcepstein »

These images are really nice. Good to know someone besides myself is using a 1DM4. It doesnt have ESFC but it does have silent mode where the mirror will lockup for continuous shoots. The 1DM4 actually has a APS-H sensor with 1.3 crop factor.

NewForestTel

Re: Macro work examples to compare with my poor micro images on the Micro forum - posted today

Post by NewForestTel »

Thanks Marcepstein
I agree the 1D MK4 suits my needs to date very well and if I sold it I would get little for it. Thanks again
Terry Turner

MarkSturtevant

Post by MarkSturtevant »

This is good work, with a distinctive style! i especially like the jewelwing damselfly.
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic