the end of the vibrations

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

soldevilla

the end of the vibrations

Post by soldevilla »

I recently added a Fuji mirrorless to my rig, and I'm finally happy with the vibration fix. My first tests are very promising. I'm especially happy because the equipment I'm using (except optics and camera, of course) is DIY. The electronics have been made by a friend and my stacking guide is still the one with wood and drawer guides that I published years ago. I have been adjusting and now I can use it with a x40 lens, which is at the limit of my StackShot that I now use in my work. Because my system is vertical and gravity means that the effort to move the camera and lenses is not the same going up and down, I have added some springs that have a load of approx. 1 kg and that makes all the Optical group "floats weightless" so that the motor does not have to make almost any effort to move the optics. I have also used the spring preloaded double nut system used by 3D printers so that there is no play in the displacements.
Even though I'm still learning how to use the new camera, I like the results much better than what I got previously with the Canon.

Some samples:

MarkSturtevant

Re: the end of the vibrations

Post by MarkSturtevant »

These are very interesting!
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

Lou Jost

Re: the end of the vibrations

Post by Lou Jost »

Since you've tried mirrorless, you will never look back.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic