Firebug nymph

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Saul

Firebug nymph

Post by Saul »

Firebug nymph at 10, Nikon Microphot/10x MPlan, 191 photos, PMax, Sony A6300
How to keep distance between left & right images in the StereoPhotoMaker ?
Within software is OK, after saving, gap disappears

1stereo-web923x1024U100-G12.jpg
Saul
μ-stuff

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Firebug nymph

Post by rjlittlefield »

Stereo as shown looks good. I see a couple of minor artifacts, but the layout and separation are good.

I don't understand your question about StereoPhotoMaker. Can you describe the problem in more detail?

--Rik

Saul

Post by Saul »

rjlittlefield wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:34 pm
Stereo as shown looks good. I see a couple of minor artifacts, but the layout and separation are good.
I don't understand your question about StereoPhotoMaker. Can you describe the problem in more detail?
--Rik
Thanks Rik !

Red arrows - is there some way to adjust this separation between L/R photos ?
After exporting to the final image it disappears

separ.jpg
Saul
μ-stuff

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

That separation is only part of the StereoPhoto Maker window. If you change the window size, the gap will change. If you zoom in so that only part of each image appears, the gap will shrink to a narrow black bar. Whatever it is on screen, this gap always disappears when SPM saves images.

Do you want to change the separation so as to move the images forward or backward with respect to the frame? The way I do that is to simultaneously adjust the zoom, SPM window size, and use the left/right arrow keys to get exactly the alignment I want, then I use the crop tool to preserve exactly the parts that I see. File > Save Stereo Image then gives me a single pair with no gap and no frame, or File > Save Left/Right Images gives me two files, each with no frame. Then I use Photoshop to add whatever frame I want.

I do not know how to make StereoPhoto Maker save a file with the frame already added. Maybe new versions of SPM can do that, but if so I never learned the trick. (I do know about File > Print Stereo Card, but I can't figure out how to make it give me exactly what I want.)

Does any of this help?

--Rik

quenoteam

Post by quenoteam »

It looks amazing, what a great job!! :shock:

Saul

Post by Saul »

rjlittlefield wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:18 pm
That separation is only part of the StereoPhoto Maker window. If you change the window size, the gap will change. If you zoom in so that only part of each image appears, the gap will shrink to a narrow black bar. Whatever it is on screen, this gap always disappears when SPM saves images.

Do you want to change the separation so as to move the images forward or backward with respect to the frame? The way I do that is to simultaneously adjust the zoom, SPM window size, and use the left/right arrow keys to get exactly the alignment I want, then I use the crop tool to preserve exactly the parts that I see. File > Save Stereo Image then gives me a single pair with no gap and no frame, or File > Save Left/Right Images gives me two files, each with no frame. Then I use Photoshop to add whatever frame I want.

I do not know how to make StereoPhoto Maker save a file with the frame already added. Maybe new versions of SPM can do that, but if so I never learned the trick. (I do know about File > Print Stereo Card, but I can't figure out how to make it give me exactly what I want.)

Does any of this help?

--Rik
Thanks Rik !

Looks like I found a workaround ...

View->Border Options

It does not allow go above 100, but it is enough (at least for me)

Bla 2.jpg

Image after saving:

Bla.JPG
Saul
μ-stuff

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic