I am listing my notes from the shoot in case anyone wants to know.
- *This is a slight crop of a 5:1 magnification stack using a Mitutoyo 5x M plan objective on a Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L tube lens with a 5D2 full frame camera. The 200L was used at f/2.8, focused to infinity.
- *112 images at 20µm step size. The resulting depth of field is around 2.24mm.
- *For the background I used a tan coloured rock which closely matched the weevil's body colouring.
- *For the lighting I used a Canon 430EXII speedlite fired at the 12 o'clock position at 1/16 power (~1/5000sec effective shutter speed) through a styrofoam cup diffuser.
- *1/160sec shutter speed.
- *Liveview (EFCS) after 2 second delay.
- *Remote cable.
- *Shot in RAW. Processed in ACR. Stacked into PMAX and DMAP images. Edited in Photoshop.