Halyomorphis halys

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

inekepineke

Halyomorphis halys

Post by inekepineke »

my first foto taken with a bellows and a 4x amscope microscope lens.
2024-02-11 11-35-52 (B,R8,S4) (1).jpg

inekepineke

Re: Halyomorphis halys

Post by inekepineke »

I hope i cat some critics here, this is my first try with a bellows and a microscope lens
Amscope 4x.and im here to learn.
Thomas.

Scarodactyl

Post by Scarodactyl »

You're off to a great start. I do notice you have focus banding though, you missed a few slices in your stack so they remain blurry in the final stack. But your lighting is nice and diffuse and you're capturing a lot of detail, looks like you probably got one of their good 4xes.

inekepineke

Post by inekepineke »

Hello Scarodactyl.
Yes i mist a vew slides, bud its not so easy with a bellows to slide 1mm ore less.
i hope i can learn some here ,end i enjoy every wonderfull fotos here at this site.
Thank you fore yore nice critics.
With frendly regards Thomas.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Yes, it's very nicely lit. You've solved the hardest part.

There are many ways to make a bellows or extension tube easier to focus in small increments. The best may be to put the whole assembly on a manual focusing rail. In that case you could even dispense with the bellows and use a rigid extension tube, which might save you some vibration problems. Another option is to replace the bellows with a focusing helicoid. A helicoid can be easier to focus in small increments than a rail or bellows is. And this can be improved even more by building a geared cine follow-focus device (available very cheaply) which allows you to change the focus by turning a large-diameter dial, which is easier to turn in small increments than a small-diameter dial or ring. You can also apply this principle to the bellows knob itself. I have glued a glass petri dish to one of my bellows knobs so that I had a larger-diameter ring to turn.

MarkSturtevant

Post by MarkSturtevant »

I will often miss some frames when focus stacking. But that can be fixed later on with a photo editor (like Photoshop or Gimp). The cloning and healing tools will take care of them.
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic