Backyard Dragonfly

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

microcollector

Backyard Dragonfly

Post by microcollector »

This dragonfly kept me company this past Sunday while I was working in the yard. These are hand held with available light using a Nikon D300 and 105 Micro Nikkor. I decided to set up the camera on a tripod to get some steadier photos. It was than that the dragonfly left. The images were cropped prior to reducing to posting size. The bamboo post is about 2.5 cm in diameter.

micro minerals - the the unseen beauty of the mineral kingdom
Canon T5i with Canon 70 - 200 mm f4L zoom as tube lens set at 200mm, StacK Shot rail, and Mitutoyo 5X or 10X M plan apo objectives.

My Mindat Mineral Photos
http://www.mindat.org/user-362.html#2

Aynia

Post by Aynia »

These are very lovely.

That tripod thing happens to me quite a bit. I mainly handhold.. and then think hey maybe get a better shot with a tripod.. and suddenly the garden is deathy quiet and not an insect in sight. :)

missgecko

Post by missgecko »

How beautiful. I never knew they had four wings. Sometimes just my thought process of thinking about getting a tripod is enough to send them off and away. :D

Cheers
Sam

'To see a world in a grain of sand And heaven in a wild flower. Hold infinity in the palm of your hand And eternity in an hour.' William Blake

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Sometimes they just want to relax and let you take their picture. Beautiful pictures microcollector
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic