While out and about...

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

While out and about...

Post by Ken Ramos »

going down into Linville Gorge, NC. The diversity of lichens in the high mountains can be overwhelming at times. Seems these organisms love fresh "clean" air when the currents are not pulling up sulpher and nitric oxides from the coal fired plants of the Tennessee Vally. Of course these were not in an area prone to the acid rains and fogs of elevations at or above 4500 feet either. :-k

However I am not the only one to appreciate the diversity of the lichen population here. Seems the snails find them just right for grazing, though I have not tried any myself. :roll:

salden

Post by salden »

Nice images Ken. I like that snail. He looks rather large.
Sue Alden

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

A little smaller than a dime there, Sue. I was on my way back to the car when I just happened to look down along side the trail and seen it. The Linville Gorge is a beautiful place once all the tourist go back home, though a bear to clime out of as they say. Thanks :D

salden

Post by salden »

Dime-sized..he looks bigger. You did a great job on the details with the snail.
Sue Alden

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thanks! :D Yes it was about dime size maybe a tad smaller, must be that 100mm macro plus the fact I was down one the ground bracing myself on the elbows and holding up people on the trail. :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic