Caterpillar

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Sym P. le

Caterpillar

Post by Sym P. le »

Further to our discussion (over here) this is an image with a low depth of field taken in situ. I don't recall which lens or lens stack I was using.

The camera is MFT Olympus E-PL5. The top image is trimmed very slightly to align with a second image (see video loop on flickr). The lower image is a full crop. The images are otherwise straight from the camera with no adjustments.

P4251079.1024.small.JPG
P4251079.small.JPG

Ramos Kenneth D

Re: Caterpillar

Post by Ramos Kenneth D »

Quite an impressive little camera. Great details! 8)

Sym P. le

Re: Caterpillar

Post by Sym P. le »

A camera I love to hate, but then again, my Canon also provoked my displeasure until I learned how to maintain it .

Actually, I posted this image as an extension of another thread which touched on issues of sensor size. I was trying to show an example of where sensor size looses its relevance if the subject and magnification doesn't fill the space. In this case, I was shooting a different subject when I noticed this caterpillar so I took a few clicks and moved on. I believe the image reveals the limits of the lens stack with regards to longitudinal C.A.s as the green hues dominate the left side of the image while red hues dominate the right. The center of the image is quite useful though.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic