A few of my favourite shots of my favourite subject to photograph. The Jumping Spider.

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

u/zerosapte

A few of my favourite shots of my favourite subject to photograph. The Jumping Spider.

Post by u/zerosapte »

What makes photography such a strange invention is that its primary raw materials are light and time.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: A few of my favourite shots of my favourite subject to photograph. The Jumping Spider.

Post by rjlittlefield »

Radu, welcome aboard!

Your images are individually very nice, but you've raised an awkward point:
u/zerosapte wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:44 am
Hope you dont find this spammy
I assume you've overlooked this snippet from the Posting Guidelines:
The image posting limit for all Image Galleries is six (6) images during the course of one (1) calendar day. You can post one topic containing all six images, or three topics with two images each, or any other combination within the specified limits.
It will be clear from some other threads that we do not rigorously enforce any exact limit on the number of images or the rate at which they are posted. A good example is pbertner's "Of Armies and Agriculture", with 10 images in one thread, all posted on one day.

I know you've seen that thread, because you commented in it.

But I'm not sure you noticed that the Armies and Agriculture thread includes only images with a wide variety of content, all of the images a bit "off the beaten track" and also accompanied by words that explain why the scenes are even more interesting than might be obvious at first glance. Those aspects make a huge difference in how interesting and acceptable the thread is. It also matters that pbertner's threads are rare treats, since he spends most of his time in the field gathering material, popping in here only occasionally to share some of the best that he got.

Newcomers to photomacrography.net sometimes make the mistake of posting a large number of images, all with similar style, content, and no explanation, and then wonder why they get little or no response except for maybe a note from Admin.

A more effective approach is to post only one or a few images, the best available, and then to further engage the readers' interest with some words of explanation.

I hope this helps. You'll get the hang of it after you've been here a while.

--Rik

MarkSturtevant

Re: A few of my favourite shots of my favourite subject to photograph. The Jumping Spider.

Post by MarkSturtevant »

Very nice pictures! Well done!
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

u/zerosapte

Post by u/zerosapte »

rjlittlefield wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:56 am
Radu, welcome aboard!

Your images are individually very nice, but you've raised an awkward point:
u/zerosapte wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:44 am
Hope you dont find this spammy
I assume you've overlooked this snippet from the Posting Guidelines:
The image posting limit for all Image Galleries is six (6) images during the course of one (1) calendar day. You can post one topic containing all six images, or three topics with two images each, or any other combination within the specified limits.
It will be clear from some other threads that we do not rigorously enforce any exact limit on the number of images or the rate at which they are posted. A good example is pbertner's "Of Armies and Agriculture", with 10 images in one thread, all posted on one day.

I know you've seen that thread, because you commented in it.

But I'm not sure you noticed that the Armies and Agriculture thread includes only images with a wide variety of content, all of the images a bit "off the beaten track" and also accompanied by words that explain why the scenes are even more interesting than might be obvious at first glance. Those aspects make a huge difference in how interesting and acceptable the thread is. It also matters that pbertner's threads are rare treats, since he spends most of his time in the field gathering material, popping in here only occasionally to share some of the best that he got.

Newcomers to photomacrography.net sometimes make the mistake of posting a large number of images, all with similar style, content, and no explanation, and then wonder why they get little or no response except for maybe a note from Admin.

A more effective approach is to post only one or a few images, the best available, and then to further engage the readers' interest with some words of explanation.

I hope this helps. You'll get the hang of it after you've been here a while.

--Rik
Noted. I'll keep this in mind in the future.
What makes photography such a strange invention is that its primary raw materials are light and time.

wwp347

Post by wwp347 »

Very nice! I am somewhat new to macrophotography and will always be interested in equipment and technique.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic