Mushrooms of Glacier NP

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

risingwolf

Mushrooms of Glacier NP

Post by risingwolf »

Wet spring and summer may have led to an amazing fungus display. Not sure what they are but had fun with my 100 mm macro and off camera flash.

Dave

Jbailey

Post by Jbailey »

Welcome to the forum, Dave.

I do a lot of fungi photography myself. They don't move around and aren't likely to sting either.

An important suggestion that was made to me in the past for close-up ohotography in the field is this:

Take the time to remove blades of grass or other debris from in front of the subjects and on them if you can without blemishing them. This one trick is easy and improves most close-up photos. Mushrooms are often a bit tender-skinned and scar easily so be careful.

Keep at it!

Jim

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

I usually leave mine just as they are, unless I do just happen to have an obtrusive blade of grass or two as in the second photo. Good photos though and nothing beats a nice group of basidiocarps ("mushrooms," for the mycologically challenged). :D

lauriek

Post by lauriek »

I like the first but I find the oof grass a bit distracting in the second.

I normally carry tweezers and small scissors when out fungi shooting for this reason, sometimes a little paintbrush as well to brush off any distracting earth or whatever from the caps..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic